Take a look inside the New Mexico Ice Wolves away jersey, and some of the ways we are New Mexico proud!
– NM state colors are the yellow and red of old Spain. They’re the only colors in the NM state flag.
– Turquoise is the state stone and the color of the eyes and sky in the chin
– the chin shows the Sandia mountain from the north because that’s where the hockey world looks at us from
– the stars and moon in the turquoise sky over the Sandia honor our 300+ days of NM clear skies
– turning our logo a quarter turn clockwise and you’ll see the Sandia mountain from the north again
– the NM state symbol, the Zia, is reflected in the turquoise eyes and along snout
– Our hometown of Albuquerque is perhaps best known worldwide today for the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta which kicks off this weekend so we reflect and pay homage to our hometown with a nose that is also a hot air balloon.
The Ice Wolves love New Mexico and all her traditions so call our mascot Chilly in a nod to our world famous chile and the frozen ice we play on at Outpost Ice Arenas.
We look forward to seeing all of you at a game or just at the rink sometime this season!